Terms & Conditions
Terms of Trading
- This quotation includes the following Terms and Conditions of Sale between Blackline Steel Frame & Truss and the party nominated in the quotation as the client (The Client).
- This quotation is valid for 30 calendar days from the date nominated
- The client has requested Blackline Steel Frame & Truss to design, fabricate and supply a structural light steel framing system for a proposed Project (The Structure). The structure shall incorporate a light steel framing system and may, or may not, also incorporate structural steel.
The steps involved in the design, fabrication and subsequent delivery of the Structure are as follows:-
- The preliminary design of the Structure (Design)
- The production of drawings (Shop Drawings)
- The manufacture of the structure (Manufacture)
- The supply of the Structure to the site address (Supply)
- The design of the Structure shall be based upon the documents provided by the Client prior to this Quotation. From these documents Blackline Steel Frame & Truss has determined those which are relevant to the design of the Structure (the Documents). It is the responsibility of the Client to ensure that there are no other documents that should be included with these Documents for the design of the Structure.
- Before preliminary design commences, all relevant documents shall be collated and reviewed by Blackline Steel Frame & Truss and initial RFI’s shall be forwarded to the Client.
- The preliminary design of the Structure shall show the scope of work included in the Quotation.
- Upon completion, the preliminary design will be forwarded to our consulting engineer and to the Client for review and comment.
- Once review has been completed by our consulting engineer and the client a Form 15 compliance certificate as to the structural adequacy of the design shall be forwarded to the client.
- Provision of the Form 15 certificate by Blackline Steel Frame & Truss to the Client shall constitute acceptance by the parties that the preliminary design has been completed.
- The design shall not be subject to the approval of any other parties other than Blackline Steel Frame & Truss. If the Client determines that the Design is to be subject to the approval of another party (the Other Party) then any subsequent amendments to the Design as requested by the Client and /or the Other Party shall constitute a variation to the quoted price.
- In facilitating the Design, Blackline Steel Frame & Truss shall not be liable to carry out any measurements at the Site Address for any reason whatsoever in relation to the structure. If any such measurements are required for the Design then they shall be provided by the Client. In the event that the Client requests, in writing, Blackline Steel Frame & Truss to visit the site for whatever reason, Blackline Steel Frame & Truss reserves the right to charge the Client at the hourly rate of $90.00 / hour (Excluding GST) for any travel time and time spent at the site.
- Following completion of the design stage, Shop Drawings for the manufacture of the Structure will be produced. The Shop Drawings show the scope of the works as provided by the preliminary design.
- Following completion of the Shop Drawings a final submission will be forwarded to The Client for its approval solely as to the accuracy of the dimensions.
- It shall be the Client’s responsibility to ensure that the dimensions shown on the shop drawings comply with any dimensional requirements of the Documents.
- The Client shall advise Blackline Steel Frame & Truss in writing of its approval of the Shop Drawings prior to commencing manufacture of the Structure.
- Upon approval, in writing, of the Shop Drawings by the Client, Blackline Steel Frame & Truss shall commence manufacture of the Structure. At the time of approval, the Client may nominate to Blackline Steel Frame & Truss any stages by which it wishes the Structure to be manufactured and supplied. Blackline Steel Frame & Truss shall endeavour to comply with any such time frames but does not warrant that it shall do so. Blackline Steel Frame & Truss shall not be liable for any deductions from payments due to it for its failure to comply.
- At the time of making this offer Blackline Steel Frame & Truss has estimated that it can supply this Structure within the time frames as originally indicated by the Client. Should this time frame alter, at the behest of the Client, then Blackline Steel Frame & Truss shall not be liable for any monetary claims whatsoever for any later delivery.
- Blackline Steel Frame & Truss shall also not be subject to any construction programme that has been, or will be, generated and/or amended by the client that may relate to any work on the site.
- Upon Manufacture of the Structure, either in stages or in full, Blackline Steel Frame & Truss shall deliver the Structure to the Client in accordance with the terms of this agreement. The Structure shall be delivered and unloaded to the Client at the Site address in this quotation or as nominated, the Client shall provide unhindered access to the Site so that the Structure can be delivered and unloaded to a position at the Site address, at ground level, as nominated by the client and as close as practicable to the working area. Blackline Steel Frame & Truss shall not be responsible for any relocation of the Structure.
- At the time of any delivery Blackline Steel Frame & Truss shall provide the client with a list of the materials included with that delivery as a confirmation of materials delivered to the Site. The client agrees that delivery is acceptance of delivery
In terms of the delivery of the Structure to the Site, Blackline Steel Frame & Truss notes that the following matters are excluded:-
- Any allowance for on Site cranage or hoisting
- Any allowance for any impediment preventing the Structure being placed on Site.
- The Client warrants that the site is accessible to either semitrailers or body trucks.
- Blackline Steel Frame & Truss shall not be liable for moving any materials closer to the Site if there is limited access for any delivery truck.
- Any claims for missing or defective material that is not notified to Blackline Steel Frame & Truss in writing within 5 business days of delivery.
- Blackline Steel Frame & Truss accepts no liability for incorrect installation of framing due to the clients engagement of inexperienced or unlicensed steel framing contractors
- In the event that Blackline Steel Frame & Truss is requested to visit the site to investigate an alleged defect in any of the materials comprising the structure and it is determined that there has been no default then Blackline Steel Frame & Truss reserves the right to charge for any such Site visit at the hourly rate of $90.00 /hour excluding GST for any travel time and time spent on Site.
- If a form 12 Compliance Certificate forms part of the supply agreement with Blackline Steel Frame & Truss then once the Client has completed the erection of the Structure, in accordance with the design by Blackline Steel Frame & Truss, and notified Blackline Steel Frame & Truss in writing, that completion has occurred then Blackline Steel Frame & Truss shall have the consulting engineer and / or his delegate visit the site to inspect the works. Should any conformance works be required the Client will be notified in writing.
- Once works are deemed satisfactory a Form 12 compliance certificate will be provided to the client. Should the engineer and / or his delegate have to carry out additional inspections in addition to the standard allowance to confirm compliance then Blackline Steel Frame & Truss reserves the right to charge for any such further site visits at the hourly rate of $180.00 / hour (Excluding GST) for any travel time and time spent on Site.
Standard Manufacturing specifications and installation
- The steel framing design is in accordance with the following Australian Standards
AS/NZS 1170.0:2002 Structural design actions: Part O: General principles
AS/NZS 1170.1:2002 Structural design actions: Part1: Permanent, imposed and other actions
AS/NZS 1170.2:2011 Structural Design Actions: Wind Actions
AS/NZS 4600:2005 Cold-formed Steel Structures
AS4100:1998 Steel Structures Code
AS3566.1-2002 Self Drilling Screws
Part B NCC Steel Work Compliance
- Wall Frames and roof systems have not been designed to accommodate guard rail or fall arrest barrier systems, should one of these systems be required additional strengthening and engineering will be required and charged as a variation
- All framing must be installed, erected, braced or used in accordance with the relevant Australian Standards, architectural drawings, engineers’ drawings, Manufacturer’s working drawings and installation details provided.
- Steel framing must not be altered or used in any manner to impair the structural adequacy of the manufactured product without the prior approval of our consulting engineer or his nominee.
Terms of Payment
- Blackline Steel Frame & Truss will not accept orders where the terms of supply are subject to retention of payment and/ or liquidated damages
- Design stage and form 15 – A deposit of 25% of the value of the Quotation shall be made upon acceptance of the quotation
- Manufacture Stage – Payment of 50% of the value of the Quotation shall be made once the client has advised Blackline Steel Frame & Truss of its approval of the Shop Drawings and prior to commencing manufacture.
- Delivery Stage – Prior to supply the balance of 25% shall be provided once Blackline Steel Frame & Truss advises that the Structure has been manufactured and is ready for delivery. The structure, or no part thereof, shall be supplied until all final payments have been made.
- Should the Client fail to comply with the terms of payment then Blackline Steel Frame & Truss reserves the right to proceed with Adjudication under the act, or court proceedings, or forward to our insurers for collection.
Incorporation of these Terms and Conditions of Sale
- The client agrees that in accepting this quotation that these Terms and Conditions of Sale apply as from the date of acceptance until the date of completion of the sale including, but not limited to, the delivery of the final materials and payment.
- Acceptance can occur in writing by signing this quotation as allowed and then forwarding a copy to Blackline Steel Frame & Truss or by forwarding Blackline Steel Frame & Truss a ‘Purchase Order ‘ or ‘Letter of Intent’ or orally which shall be confirmed by Blackline Steel Frame & Truss in writing.
- The Client agrees that nothing can vitiate the application of these’ Terms and Conditions of Sale’ following acceptance of the quotation and until completion of the sale